antedating tit (and other things) (UNCLASSIFIED)

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Nov 6 23:04:20 UTC 2012

I meant "teats of a sow."

If I remember, I'll see if I can find the quote next time I'm in the UT
Library.

Odd, isn't it, that exx. are so nearly nonexistent. I can't say I've ever
seen "teats" used for human mammary glands (or nipples) before the 20th C.
either.  If so, the exx. must be comparably rare.

Jon