'Convince x of y' = 'reassure x about y'

Dan Goncharoff thegonch at GMAIL.COM
Wed Nov 14 17:55:03 UTC 2012

I don't see what is wrong with the 'Convince x of y' construction, as long
as y makes sense in the context of convince.

"Safety issues" makes no sense to me. "The need to wear a helmet while
riding your bike" does make sense to me. So does "the importance of safety
issues".

DanG