Morning wood (UNCLASSIFIED)

Douglas G. Wilson douglas at NB.NET
Sat Nov 17 14:11:40 UTC 2012

--

I recall this "stiffy" from the 1960's. It seems such a natural way to
say "something stiff" that I suppose it may have been coined multiply

This "woody" was novel to me around 1990 or 1992 IIRC. I suppose it
didn't have wide US currency in the time of the Beach Boys ... let alone
in Woody Woodpecker's early days ....

When are the early dictionary citations? (Pardon me if I've missed part
of the discussion.)

--

--

Seems highly likely!