Provenance of /Or/ > [ar] / __@ ?

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Mon Nov 19 17:46:09 UTC 2012

Apropos of nothing, when I learned _short_ [Sart] as slang for "car,"
back in Saint Louis, I at first thought that the word was "shark."

I was probably caught up in Sherlock Holmes-think. There's no obvious
relationship between either _short_ or _shark_ and "car." But, once
that I had exhausted all other possible explications, the only
possibility left was "shark."

A *shark*, after all, is also an automobile.

Youneverknow.

--
-Wilson
-----