Huh?

Wed Nov 21 15:46:02 UTC 2012

>From an article in the sports pages of today's (Wednesday's) NYTimes, about
a fat guy who has participated in and finished several very long distance
and multi-day endurance races, including a 150 mile race over the Sahara
desert.

"While on the trail in the Sahara, Pitkanen subsisted on a diet of lard and
foxtail."

If "foxtail" means what I suppose it means, then this raises the question
-- begs the question, in fact -- who ate the rest of the fox?  If it
doesn't, then what the hell does it mean?

I refer this to our culinary savant, VS.

GAT

--
George A. Thompson
Univ. Pr., 1998, but nothing much since then.