KAW-fee vs. KAH-fee

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Mon Nov 26 15:23:49 UTC 2012

Here's a great message for weight loss wannabees from Dr. Oz.  But...

For "coffee" Dr. Oz says KAH-fee (~kaafee).  His guest says KAW-fee (~kaufee).

Dr. Oz has a huge audience and is in effect changing the way "coffee" is pronounced from the way it was years ago as I remember.

He said: "They use the rah cahfee beans."  He says "tock" for "talk ~tauk, but he said ~laus for "loss".  Then for plurals, he said "noose" ~nues for "news" which should be newz ~nuez.  So he has both the major changes to English in media pronunciation that I've noticed in my years listening to US English media, which are; swaps of "ah" for "awe" and "s" for "z" in plurals.

http://burnsfatsecrets.com/diet/GreenCoffeDiet/index.html

Tom Zurinskas, Conn 20 yrs, Tenn 3, NJ 33, now Fl 9.
See how English spelling links to sounds at http://justpaste.it/ayk

 Society - http://www.americandialect.org