The African Dodger (UNCLASSIFIED)

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Oct 3 13:41:18 UTC 2012

A down-on-his-luck Spencer Tracy winds up briefly as an African Dodger in
 _Dante's Inferno_ (1935: inspired by the great classic of Western
civilization).

He's billed only as "The Ball Dodger."  Yet he's in Al Jolson blackface.

It seemed to me that tennis balls rather than the potentially lethal
baseballs were involved, but I couldn't be sure.

JL