more reversals

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Oct 9 15:44:21 UTC 2012

Jerry Sandusky's lawyer, on CNN, tells journalists that he's going to
"challenge the fact that we did not have adequate time to prepare an
adequate defense."

That means he's going to file an appeal on the ground that he and his
client were not given enough time to prepare an adequate defense.

Also, a current ad for some computer product promises it "will boost your
start-up time."

One might argue that "boost" means "improve," but for the overaged the
sentence means it's going to take even longer.

JL