Obama's characterization in Rolling Stone

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Fri Oct 26 03:46:00 UTC 2012

On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 9:57 PM, Jonathan Lighter
<wuxxmupp2000 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't know about the rules, but I was just listening to HBO's _Real Time
> with Bill Maher_ and heard numerous "fucks" and a couple of "bullshits".
>  Earlier in the evening, I was speaking with a devoutly Christian friend,
> nearly my age, who frequently expresses himself that way to indicate only
> very slightly more emotion than usual.
>
> If you're under 40 (or maybe even 50 at this point), that level of usage
> presumably sounds unremarkable in most contexts unless accompanied by
> strident intonation and wild gesticulating.  The overall contents of
> UrbanDictionary are suggestive in this regard.
>
> For most people, I suppose "motherfucker" still retains some shock value.
> As does "cocksucker." A distinguished lawyer friend, however, uses both
> where I would choose the now mealy-mouthed "bastard" and "son of a bitch."
>
> Just be thankful that British unisex "cunt" is still rare here.

I heard,

"Your mother sucks cocks in hell!"

spoken by a "demon" on late-night TV.

It was my first unbleeped _cock_. Of course, _dick_ has long since
gone unbleeped in metaphoric use.

--
-Wilson
-----