Franken-

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Sat Oct 27 03:27:56 UTC 2012

At 10/26/2012 10:56 PM, Arnold Zwicky wrote:
>On Oct 26, 2012, at 7:27 PM, "Joel S. Berson" <Berson at ATT.NET> wrote:
>
> > At 10/26/2012 06:13 PM, Arnold Zwicky wrote:
> >> Franken- hasn't confined itself to the GM world. Here's an extension
> >> (from Quinion's World Wide Words #675 of
> 1/30/10) to other monstrous things:
> >
> > And after a close and long-disputed election, it entered the US Senate.
>
>i suppose this has already been done, but if you
>cobble together an Al Franken from dead senators, you'd get a Frankenfranken.

By golly, seems so.  About 1,190 Google hits,
including the following allegation from
  http://danmccoy.blogspot.com/2006/07/shouts-and-vitriol.html

>But read the following rejected [from the New
>Yorker] piece, and tell me that it's not eight
>times as funny as anything they've printed in the last year:
>
>--
>
>Frankenfranken
>By Dan McCoy
>
>The following is a transcript of the now
>infamous "Frankenfranken" program that aired at
>2 am on July 17, 2005. It was the last episode
>of the program ever to be produced.
>
>ANNOUNCER
>Coming up next, we have The Frankenfranken Show,
>which will carry you on through 'til morning.
>This is Air America. The time is 2:05 AM.
>
>Theme: Feed My Frankenstein by Alice Cooper. Fade out.

>FRANKENFRANKEN
>How many times does Frankenfranken have to
>explain to you people? Frankenfranken and Al
>Franken not the same. Frankenfranken created by
>Air America in effort to plug gigantic hole in
>least-popular overnight time slot. Me stitched
>together from parts of six dead Al Franken
>clones and one box Frankenberry™ brand cereal,
>then reanimated using power of lighting bolt
>that strike Air America broadcasting tower! IS VERY SIMPLE!

I have not attempted to develop a provenance, for
this or any other Ghit, except that the "Dan
McCoy" above is probably the writer for The Daily Show.

But of course this repropriates the error I've
deplored here before, confusing the monster with its creator.

Joel