THE Reverend Wright

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Mon Sep 3 18:00:43 UTC 2012

On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 12:03 PM, Victor Steinbok <aardvark66 at gmail.com> wrote:
> It's not that I /object/ to the use of the article, but it seems overly formal
> and outmoded.

So, you don't find it totally shocking in some non-trivial sense,
after all. It's merely a whimsical matter of taste WRT to the proper
use of the English language in its written form.

I can understand that. After all, I myself am taken aback by the
construction of _headquarters_ with the plural, a matter of little or
no import to others.

--
-Wilson
-----