"hat"

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Sep 3 18:51:28 UTC 2012

If you consider "broadening" a form of evolution, then you definition of
"evolution" has evolved far more than the definition of "hat".

In other words, you prove my point by rejecting it.

On the other hand, meet the new boss, same as the old boss. From the OED
hat n. I. 1.a.

> A covering for the head; in recent use, generally distinguished from
> other head-gear, as a man's cap (or bonnet) and a woman's bonnet, by
> having a more or less horizontal brim all round the hemispherical,
> conical, or cylindrical part which covers the head.

It seems that the "brimmed" distinction is a recent innovation. We just
went back to the same-old.

     VS-)