The Whole Six Yards of It

Bonnie Taylor-Blake b.taylorblake at GMAIL.COM
Sat Sep 8 11:46:33 UTC 2012

On Sat, Sep 8, 2012 at 6:33 AM, Stephen Goranson <goranson at duke.edu> wrote:

> Well, when I pointed out offlist the second article about the same game on the same page, and, under it, the league standings, listing the six teams--"How they Stand" (they being Columbia, Greenville, Charlotte, Charleston, Augusta, Spartanburg)--I gave my view that "The Whole Six Yards of It" refers to these six teams, and their ball yards, and the It is the South Atlantic league.

Yes, Stephen was kind enough to give me some feedback on "The Whole
Six Yards of It" before I sent that to the list.  I was unsure whether
it was even worth pointing out that 1921 occurrence and wonder on-list
about its resemblance to "the whole nine yards," but our email
exchange convinced me to give it a whirl.  I thank him for that.
(After reading Fred's contribution about the yardage of concrete
trucks, I could no longer resist.)

-- Bonnie