"scurve", noun, = 'contemptible person', 1730; not in OED

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sun Sep 9 13:23:47 UTC 2012

1925 _Adventure Magazine_ (Dec. 20) 16: Ain't they the scurves!

1928 Leonard H. Nason _Sergeant Eadie_ 226 [ref. to 1918]: Ah, that scurve.
He deserved a beating.

1935 Nelson Algren _Somebody in Boots_ [rpt. N.Y.: Berkley, 1965]  95: That
blonde scurve ain't young no more, Red.  Ibid. 168: That's the way with
these cheap scurves every time.
1976 Clark Whelton _CB Baby_ [N.Y.: Avon] 9: If...New York City was dying,
it was because of people like those two scurvs [sic] in the Buick.

2006 UrbanDictionary.com: _Scurve_ Word primarily used in Nebraska, short
from the disease "scurvey", a dirty disease, used to describe one who
rarely bathes, trailer trash, low income, goth-like, whining brats. Used to
describe a teenager or young person who smokes, drinks, and is involved in
other vices.

The 1935 nuance is "slut."

Why the gap between 1730 and 1925 I don't know. If I'd noticed an interim
ex. I'd have jotted it down.

JL