Expressions with Number Variation

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Sep 13 21:55:52 UTC 2012

Well, the original snowclone is a gift that keeps on giving. I just so
two more yesterday--with 88 and 3000 as the respective numbers.
Obviously, at least one of them was "proverbial".

The "This and [X amount] will/won't buy you a cup of coffee/get you on
the subway" has significant numerical variations. "Xth Circle of Hell"
has some variability, although the tendency is to maximize the damage.

On the other hand, "take two of these and call me in the morning" is
relatively stable, even in snowclone expressions.

     VS-)