The OED's "Publication history"

Jesse Sheidlower jester at PANIX.COM
Mon Sep 17 13:38:41 UTC 2012

On Sat, Sep 15, 2012 at 02:38:54PM -0400, Joel S. Berson wrote:
> The September edition of the OED has a page titled, and describing,
> "Changes to the way an entry's editing history is shown
> online".  That page claims there is a link titled "Publication
> history", and uses the examples of "motto" and "slogan".
>
> But I don't see "Publication history" on "the beige panel to the
> right of each entry", I only see "Entry profile" and "Previous
> version".   (For these two examples; I haven't searched
> thoroughly).  What's wrong?

I don't know. I see the "Publication history" link about "Entry profile"
and "Previous version" for both _motto_ and _slogan_, and I've checked
on a variety of systems.

Is it still the case that you can't see this?

I'll address some of the other concerns about this info when I can.

Jesse Sheidlower
OED