The OED's "Publication history"

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Mon Sep 17 16:21:26 UTC 2012

At 9/17/2012 09:38 AM, Jesse Sheidlower wrote:
>On Sat, Sep 15, 2012 at 02:38:54PM -0400, Joel S. Berson wrote:
> > The September edition of the OED has a page titled, and describing,
> > "Changes to the way an entry's editing history is shown
> > online".  That page claims there is a link titled "Publication
> > history", and uses the examples of "motto" and "slogan".
> >
> > But I don't see "Publication history" on "the beige panel to the
> > right of each entry", I only see "Entry profile" and "Previous
> > version".   (For these two examples; I haven't searched
> > thoroughly).  What's wrong?
>
>I don't know. I see the "Publication history" link about "Entry profile"
>and "Previous version" for both _motto_ and _slogan_, and I've checked
>on a variety of systems.
>
>Is it still the case that you can't see this?

Yes, I still can't see it.  Remember, I'm apparently the only person
in the world who occasionally does not see the "Log out" link at the
lower right corner.  In fact, right this instant I'm looking at the
"slogan, n." page and not seeing both -- no "Publication history" and
no "Log out".

In a second simultaneously open incarnation of the OED, for "motto,
v." I see only "Entry profile".  Although when I go on and search for
another entry -- "disturb, n." -- I then do see the "Log out" link.

Using Firefox 14.0.1 over Windows XP Professional, version 5.1, with
Service Pack 3.

Joel