Word (phrase?) of the year? - "double down"

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Tue Sep 18 18:54:35 UTC 2012

As usual, I'm behind the ball.  But I am wondering about the
blackjack explanation.  My unquestionably uncertain recollection is
that one can double down after two cards only when they are
identical, and that doing so allows any number of additional cards to
be dealt to each pile.  Having played blackjack for money only once,
I am probably wrong.

Joel