Google MOOC about searching techniques

Fri Sep 21 19:10:12 UTC 2012

Google is offering a free course designed to: "Sharpen your search skills".

It starts on Monday, September 24, and I think registration is required.

Now you can learn what "MOOC" means experientially by participating in
a Massive Online Open Course. I think the same (or a similar) course
was offered in June, but I learned about it after registration was
closed.

http://www.powersearchingwithgoogle.com/

I saw some video segments from the previous course and thought Dan
Russell's presentations were great. He is the primary teacher, and a
senior research scientist at Google.

Based on incoming traffic the "Quote Investigator" blog was probably
mentioned at some point during the previous course, but I do not know
how it was described.

[Begin excerpt]
Knowing how to find answers on Google is an important skill in today’s
digital age. Taught by Google’s Search experts, this online class will
help you search smarter, so you can find the information you need —
even in the most challenging situations.

How it works

The course begins on September 24 and ends on October 10. Register now
and we’ll send you an email when class begins.
…

Schedule

    Pre-class assessment available 2012-09-24
    Class 1 - Introduction available 2012-09-24
    Class 2 - Interpreting results available 2012-09-26
    Class 3 - Advanced techniques available 2012-09-28
    Mid-class assessment available 2012-09-28,
       deadline 2012-10-10 11:59pm PT
    Class 4 - Find facts faster available 2012-10-01
    Class 5 - Checking your facts available 2012-10-03
    Class 6 - Putting it all together available 2012-10-05
    Post-class assessment available 2012-10-05,
       deadline 2012-10-10 11:59pm PT

[End excerpt]