"goldentate"

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Tue Sep 25 15:00:47 UTC 2012

"Goldentate" - the scandalous decision by the officials at the end of
last night's Green Bay - Seattle football game.  (They awarded
Seattle a touchdown with practically no time left in the game when
(in my opinion) the Seattle receiver pushed a defender before the
ball arrived and even then another defender caught it a faction of a
second before he tried to wrestle it away.)

By analogy with the various -gate's.  I claim a coining.  2012 Sept.
25, 11:00 AM EST.  Although it seems impossible to prove or disprove
my claim by searching Google for "goldengate" in any reasonable
amount of time, I do not find "goldengate" + "watergate" (in Search or News).

Joel