apparently I'm a bigoted hypocrite

James Harbeck jharbeck at SYMPATICO.CA
Fri Sep 28 04:09:33 UTC 2012

On 2012-09-27, at 9:38 PM, Neal Whitman wrote:

> I wrote a guest script for Grammar Girl earlier this year, in which she retracts her apology for saying "Where it's at".
>
> http://grammar.quickanddirtytips.com/where-are-you-at.aspx

Ha. Nicely done.

Thanks, all, for your advice. I wrote a litle (well, it was meant to be little, but maybe it's not so little) response to him, trying to be as nice and level as I could. Yes, sometimes I am too easy to provoke to response.

Funny how that particular posting has brought out cranks much more than others. Perhaps people find it by searching for Grammar Girl.

James Harbeck.