FW: [lg policy] The great language change hoax

Charles C Doyle cdoyle at UGA.EDU
Mon Apr 1 14:10:27 UTC 2013

The item appeared in Dennis's "Web of Language" yesterday.

--Charlie

From: American Dialect Society [ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] on behalf of Joel S. Berson [Berson at ATT.NET]
Sent: Monday, April 01, 2013 10:02 AM
To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

If their criterion that an achievement must "first make people laugh"
can include derisive laughter, someone should nominate the report for
an Ig Nobel prize.  The next First Annual Ig Nobel Prize ceremony is
Sept. 12.  Plenty of time.  For instructions,
read  http://www.improbable.com/ig/miscellaneous/nominate.html  The
nomination will probably be strengthened if a copy of the report can
be enclosed.

On the other hand, considering today's date, is Dennis Baron funning us?

Joel