Fwd: stroganoffed

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Tue Apr 2 13:12:50 UTC 2013

At 4/2/2013 07:22 AM, Sarah wrote:
>Apparently, he did. Somewhat.

Very little, I think.  "It [criticism] hasn't changed his mind about
how he wrote it: 'I wouldn't do anything differently.' "

As Margaret Sullivan, the Times's "Public Editor", wrote:  "It was
fine for the obituary to point out how unusual it was for a woman to
be a successful rocket scientist at midcentury and what the obstacles
were."  Martin could have started something like "In an era when
women were often only remembered for their domestic skills, Yvonne
Brill combined that with a remarkable career as a rocket
scientist."  And after describing her principal achievement, written
about why she was appreciated by her family.

Joel