Be careful how you use the I-word

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Apr 3 21:49:34 UTC 2013

http://www.usnews.com/news/newsgram/articles/2013/04/03/illegal-immigrant-banished-from-ap-stylebook?s_cid=rss%3Aillegal-immigrant-banished-from-ap-stylebook

CNN had five talking heads shouting at each other about this earlier today.
 Those supporting the AP insisted that, according to logic, "'Illegal' can
only refer to acts, not people."

A new one on me. When maverick Sen. John McCain was told at a town-hall
meeting to quit using the deeply insulting phrase, he actually rejected the
_argumentum ad praeceptum_ and hid behind the fascistic First Amendment!

What nerve!

JL