Slight antedatings of "whoopsie daisy" (1914, 1922)

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Sat Apr 6 06:33:32 UTC 2013

On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 4:30 PM, Bonnie Taylor-Blake <b.taylorblake at gmail.com
> wrote:

> This action has revealed her ankle, which he _apparently_ finds quite
> fetching.

"Apparently" is an understatement. I have no trouble recalling a time when
a glimpse of an inadvertently-revealed feminine kneecap was a near
life-changing experience for the average male, during the centuries-long
reign of the late, unlamented New Look.

OTOH, the current ubiquity of the micro-mini has rendered null and void
what were once the most treasured memories of my adolescence.

Not that I'm complaining, of course.
--
-Wilson
-----