"sacred honour", "office of honour"

Dan Goncharoff thegonch at GMAIL.COM
Tue Apr 9 02:35:09 UTC 2013

The Constitution says: "No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United
States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them,
shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present,
Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince,
or foreign State."

Seems to me the Founders were thinking about such things.

DanG