Antedating of "Chick Lit"

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Fri Apr 19 03:23:58 UTC 2013

On Apr 18, 2013, at 10:42 PM, Benjamin Torbert wrote:

> When does [the pejorative] "clit Lit" come from?  I remember my
> [conservative, misogynist] father using that phrase at least that early?
>
> BT'

And then there's "cliterati" for its practitioners, or maybe a broader (npi) reference as in

• 2004, Laura Flanders, The W effect: Bush's war on women, Feminist Press at the City University of New York, page 248:
Its first meeting, held at Eve Ensler's apartment, was a who's who, as Cuomo puts it, of "the New York cliterati," including Urvashi Vaid, Laura Flanders, Sarah Schulman and other notables.
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/cliterati

[I assume the Cuomo in question is neither the governor nor his father the former governor.]

LH