Level up

Fri Apr 19 05:48:54 UTC 2013

According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_video_games, Space Invaders came from Japan in 1978, so there's potential for borrowing as far back as then. Either way doesn't preclude (re)coinage at MIT, of course.

To my ears, the expression will always sound like a Japanese person trying to use katakana in English.

Benjamin Barrett
Seattle, WA