coulda woulda shouda part II

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Sat Apr 20 10:20:50 UTC 2013

Nik's Daily English Activities

Understanding Different English Accents
It is great that English is spoken by so many people around the world, but this can make it very difficult to understand, because there are such a range of different accents.
In today's activity we use a website called The Speech Accent Archive to listen to different accents and compare them.

Task:

Your first activity is to listen to this audio file and try to write down what you hear. This speaker is from the UK and has an accent from around Oxfordshire.

http://bit.ly/17Nj6x5

Tom Zurinskas, Conn 20 yrs, Tenn 3, NJ 33, now Fl 9.
See how English spelling links to sounds at http://justpaste.it/ayk