material on the future of English?

Neal Whitman nwhitman at AMERITECH.NET
Sun Apr 28 19:38:21 UTC 2013

I've found this page on the subject interesting:
http://www.xibalba.demon.co.uk/jbr/futurese.html
This guy has a lot of interesting pages on SF and linguistictopics in a
90sfossil of a website.

Neal

On 4/27/2013 8:48 PM, Dan Goodman wrote:
> Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Poster:       Dan Goodman <dsgood at IPHOUSE.COM>
> Subject:      material on the future of English?
>
> I'm looking for writings on the future of the English language.  I own
> _Predicting New Words_.
>
> Presumably, there's other material more recent than L. Sprague De Camp's
> 1938 essay "Language for Time Travelers."
>
> And more useful than "The Internet/crystal radio/texting/___ is
> destroying our language!"
>

> --
> Dan Goodman
> Whatever you wish for me, may you have twice as much.

The Ohio State University Neal Whitman, PhD Lecturer College of
Education and Human Ecology Department of Education, Teaching and
Learning 60F Arps Hall 1945 N. High St Columbus, OH 43210 614 260-1622
Mobile whitman.11 at osu.edu www.osu.edu