etymology of chicano

Mon Apr 29 00:28:32 UTC 2013

During the Falklands War, when i lived in Scotland, my then wife found a recipe for an Argentinian beef stew with sweet potatoes and apricots, which was quite good.  Being a devoutly anti-Maggie Thatcher household (though not in love with Argentinian fascist generals either), we started calling it "Malvinas stew".

Paul Johnston