A Facebook friend noting a pet peeve

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Apr 30 12:25:20 UTC 2013

Naturally it's worse than you think.

Your pal is saying that there are so many people who think that a "near
miss" *is* a hit that he feels compelled to rail against it.

Think about it.

The horror, I mean.

PS: I analyze "badunkadunk butt" to mean a "butt butt." You know, as
distinguished from a "gun butt." "pork butt," "archery butt," etc.  Wise
writers are careful to specify by doubling just which sense of a
potentially ambiguous noun they mean to convey.

JL