Backward-formed "truck chase"

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Sat Aug 3 04:14:54 UTC 2013

Spotted on Beer Advocate Forums. As in, "I'm not going to truck chase
those whales any more!" (Whale==rare important special release, BA
jargon after legal and gambling use of "whales"==wealthy/high-impact
clients)

Truck-chaser is like an ambulance-chaser only for beer--people who camp
out near a liquor store on release dates, waiting for the truck to pull
up with the latest deliveries. Not sure if ambulance-chase is used as a
verb in the wild (?He refused to ambulance chase for a living--compare,
He refused to be an ambulance-chaser for a living.), but, of course,
ambulance-chasing (adj.--e.g., ambulance-chasing litigator) and
ambulance chasing (n.--activity; e.g., the firm is regularly involved in
ambulance chasing) are regulars (along with truck-chasing).

Bonus beer portmanteau: beergasm, exbeeriment. I also offered
"malternatives" earlier (as in non-beer "malt beverages" such as "Mike's
Hard Lemonade" and "Smirnoff Ice"). All spotted in the wild today at
Beer Advocate (not from me, although I did use "malternatives").

     VS-)