the nit and gritty

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Wed Aug 7 20:08:44 UTC 2013

On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 1:13 PM, Laurence Horn <laurence.horn at yale.edu> wrote:
> "tender lovin' care"

Wal, ya got me, thar, young feller! Wherein lies the gaffe, beyond my
having to request assistance?

OT: During my days as a California Aggie, East Sac[ramento] was
regarded as the Combat Zone of the capital city; "LIVE NUDE COLLEGE
GIRLS! FULLY TOPLESS AND BOTTOMLESS!" I.e., no pasties (= "nipple
covers") or G-strings. And, of course, full bush and not full
Brazilian. That reference to "a cute little ice cream shop" suggests
nearly-complete gentrification. The East Sac of my day was motels,
nudie bars, working-mens' bars (Is this term used anywhere outside of
StL?), and industry.

Just heard "Indian _sunburn_" used for what I know as simply "Indian
burn" like unto "Indian giving": not really a burn.
--
-Wilson
-----