Hyphenation stage disappearing?

Eric Nielsen ericbarnak at GMAIL.COM
Thu Aug 8 07:04:29 UTC 2013

On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 2:32 PM, Joel S. Berson <Berson at att.net> wrote:

> -----------------------
> Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Subject:      Re: Hyphenation stage disappearing?

> At 8/7/2013 12:03 PM, Laurence Horn wrote:
> >On Aug 7, 2013, at 10:47 AM, Dan Goncharoff wrote:
> >
> > > I work with a nonprofit that, ten years ago, adopted a name with
> capital
> > > letters in the middle of words: PortSide NewYork.
> > >

> >a.k.a. CamelCase
>
> Shouldn't that be Bactrian-camelCased?  Not all kinds have two bunches.
>
> Joel

Or dromedary in some instances of lower CamelCase.

Some programming languages such as Basic and Java use lower CamelCase as
the preferred style for naming variables:

Dim lowerUpper As String

int lowerUpper;

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/aa164538(v=office.10).aspx

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/codeconventions-135099.html

There_is_also_snake_case_as_this_sentence_displays:

Eric