How many names DOES this food have?

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Fri Aug 9 08:15:17 UTC 2013

IIRC this Toad in the Hole is the original English name. But, of course,
trying to track the course is kind of difficult now. It often shows up
on the list of "funny" English food names, along with spotted dick, etc.

The traditional Russian name for plain fried egg (over-easy, I
suppose--fried on one side only!) is "bull's eye" which is equivalent to
ox-eye, but lacks bread. There is also a more modern version that fries
the egg inside a large onion ring. This one does not have a name.

     VS-)