Hyphenation stage disappearing?

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Tue Aug 13 00:56:10 UTC 2013

On Aug 12, 2013, at 1:03 PM, Mark Mandel wrote:

> Long ago I hit on a mnemonic for which type of camel is which:
>
>   - Dromedary
>   - Bactrian
>
> Rotate the capital letter 90 degrees counterclockwise and it will show you
> the answer.

The only problem is you have to remember whether this shows you the answer it is, or (as with the "Moon always lies" mnemonic for waxing vs. waning moons) the answer it isn't.  Maybe it's just a question of knowing that camels never lie, so the "one-hump-or-two?" question is more directly answerable.

LH