Make X born

Fri Aug 16 06:32:29 UTC 2013

Starting about 6:50 in the video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Yy1sCJn5_q4 from the Colbert Report yesterday, an Appalachian man uses the construction "makes X born [that way]" in reference to god creating people so they are gay at birth. He uses it more than once.

This construction is not allowable for me. If I had to use "born," I might say, "makes X be born," but there is still something odd to me about this.

It occurs to me that "That blouse needs washed" might be involved (I can't say that, either), but something else seems to be at play.

Benjamin Barrett
Seattle, WA

Learn Ainu! https://sites.google.com/site/aynuitak1/videos