Most Notable Quotations of 2013 So Far?

Bonnie Taylor-Blake b.taylorblake at GMAIL.COM
Sun Aug 25 02:44:24 UTC 2013

On Sat, Aug 24, 2013 at 9:54 PM, Ben Zimmer
<bgzimmer at babel.ling.upenn.edu> wrote:

> Do foreign-language quotations count? If so, how about...
>
> "Se una persona è gay e cerca il Signore e ha buona volontà, ma chi
> sono io per giudicarla?" ("If someone is gay and is searching for the
> Lord and has good will, then who am I to judge him?") -- Pope Francis,
> July 28, 2013

I think there may also be room on the list at the moment for any
number of things Edward Snowden has said in interviews with Glenn
Greenwald and Ewen MacAskill.

For example, from a Guardian piece published on 9 June 2013 [1]

"I don't want to live in a society that does these sort of things ...
I do not want to live in a world where everything I do and say is
recorded. That is not something I am willing to support or live
under."

and

"I do not expect to see home again, though that is what I want."

-- Bonnie

[1] http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/jun/09/nsa-whistleblower-edward-snowden-why