Dating of "digital detox"

Hugo hugovk at GMAIL.COM
Wed Aug 28 15:01:07 UTC 2013

Many news outlets are incorrectly reporting the ODO words have been added to the OED. Reuters may be to blame:
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/08/28/odd-britain-dictionary-idINDEE97R0A120130828
Here's at least one website that gets it right:
www.theatlanticwire.com/entertainment/2013/08/step-away-ledge-twerk-isnt-actually-oxford-english-dictionary/68809/

Anyway, "digital detox" has been added to Oxford Dictionaries Online in today's August quarterly update (not yet in OED):
http://blog.oxforddictionaries.com/august-2013-update/

ODO, undated
http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/digital-detox

---

Usenet, Jim Sheard, alt.arts.poetry.comments, "Re: To the Mountains"

[Begin]
Whenever I suggest 'digital detox' to friends who write and do artwork
("Let's go somewhere for a week, armed with pencil and paper only!",
that sort of thing), I get only uncomprehending stares and twitches,
especially from the graphic artists.
[End]

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/alt.arts.poetry.comments/I0H-y5ATVNo/b-JNtRWhh9oJ

---