brand = 'public image and reputation'

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sun Dec 15 13:55:50 UTC 2013

CNN Headline

"Pope Francis Rebrands the Catholic Church."

You know, I always thought the old logo was a little out of step with
today's active consumer. But maybe what CNN means by "rebrand" is "to
attempt to change public perception of."

In fact I'm sure that's what they mean, because they've been using the word
in that way since (IIRC) last year's election campaign.

JL