Graph the popularity of words over time with Ngram Viewer

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Dec 24 15:33:18 UTC 2013

See the popularity of terms rise and fall over time.  From   funknet at mailman.rice.edu
   Original post  "... For those of you who have not yet become addicted to the Ngram Viewer, it plots the token frequency of words and word strings over time in the books in Google Books. If you separate words by commas, you can plot the token frequencies of multiple strings on a single graph. ..."https://books.google.com/ngrams

A reply "...This is FUN!  I have looked at so many things already, trying to keep them
unambiguous (which is the hard part). So far the most interesting to me is
the parallel rise of "psycholinguistics" and "sociolinguistics" until the
late 1970s. After that, psycholinguistics took a dive, and
sociolinguistics has held steady or risen a bit (I don't know the sample
size, but assume it's big enough that any apparent difference is likely to
be statistically significant). The crossover for psycho/sociolinguistics
came around 1982."

Merry Christmas    ~~Mairee Krismis~~

Tom Zurinskas, Conn 20 yrs, Tenn 3, NJ 33, now FL 11.
See how English spelling links to sounds at http://justpaste.it/ayk