Slogan: When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have them. (December 21 1967)

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Feb 4 23:23:58 UTC 2013

'67-'68 sounds spot-on to me.

The phrase became popular right after the 1968 assassinations of King and
Kennedy prompted a campaign to end sales of "Saturday night specials":
cheap roscoes supposedly marked down on weekends, allowing the impulsive to
pony up just a few bucks to go out and plug that creep.

Good for business, so good for America. There were too many creeps anyway.

I may be senile, but I don't recall the "old" NRA getting very involved.

JL

On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 4:59 PM, ADSGarson O'Toole <adsgarsonotoole at gmail.com