Another non-apology

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Thu Feb 7 00:19:05 UTC 2013

 From the Boston Globe's article today on the fact-finding report
about involuntary servitude of women and girls, under Irish
government oversight, in the "Magdalene Laundries" from 1922 to 1996.

>The Sisters of Our Lady of Charity of Refuge, which ran the two
>biggest laundries in Dublin, in a statement expressed "deep regret"
>that many residents "did not experience our refuge as a place of
>protection and care." But they suggested that women in their care
>faced worse conditions and fewer options in the hostile Ireland
>outside the laundry.

In other words, "it's your fault because although we told you our
institution was a refuge you did not experience it as caring and protective."

http://www.bostonglobe.com/news/world/2013/02/06/ireland-oversaw-harsh-catholic-laundries-report-says/d8Ah9CrNSEzVockuYObXeP/story.html

Joel