Heard: "I finished cleaning the _restroom_ and …"

Spanbock/Svoboda-Spanbock spanbocks at VERIZON.NET
Sat Feb 9 02:11:39 UTC 2013

Not sure to which reality show you are referring, but, I have noticed among my Latino students that a number of them only use the word 'restroom' rather than 'bathroom' even when the space that they are designing is residential and includes bathing facilities.

I have often wondered whether it had to do with the fact that some of them learned English primarily in elementary school, where they had only restrooms, not bathrooms.
--
Kate Svoboda-Spanbock