Antedating of "Crossword" (Courtesy of Mr. Will Shortz)

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Sun Feb 10 01:02:43 UTC 2013

At 2/9/2013 06:40 PM, Shapiro, Fred wrote:
>Joel,
>
>Are you suggesting that Will Shortz is not familiar with the second
>crossword puzzle ever published?
>
>Fred Shapiro

No.  I'm merely wondering what name the presumably-second-ever
appearance of a cross-word puzzle, in the FUN section of the New York
World on Sunday, Dec. 28, 1913 used to refer to itself.  Mr. Shortz
omitted that issue from his list of the three surrounding Sundays.

Joel