Help reading a 1735 Boston newspaper

John McChesney-Young jmccyoung at GMAIL.COM
Mon Feb 11 00:18:51 UTC 2013

Could it be "Coos," as in Coos County, New Hampshire? The word on that
page in the _Boston Gazette_ looks to me like either that or "Ceos";
the right side of the second letter is so faint it's not clear which,
but the last letter looks more like an "s" to me than a "t." See:

http://archive.org/stream/gazetteerofstate00merr#page/106/mode/2up
(_Gazetteer of the state of New-Hampshire_, 1817)

for Coos County's entry.

I see nothing promising in Massachusetts at:

http://www.capecodhistory.us/Mass1890/MassachusettsGazetteer.htm#C

John

--
John McChesney-Young ** Berkeley, California, U.S.A.
JMcCYoung~at~gmail.com ** http://gplus.to/jmccyoung