effort = "to try to obtain by effort; to obtain by effort"

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Feb 11 20:58:09 UTC 2013

CNN again, October 30, 2012: "

"They're trying to effort someone from the hospital to tell me if things
are up and running. If we get someone on the line, of course, we'll share
the information with you. "

To find by making a notable effort .

JL