"sleep tight"

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Feb 14 17:20:52 UTC 2013

Don't overlook "tight asleep," presumably the origin:

1872  S. N. Landis _The Social War of 1900_ [Phila.: Landis] 85:  Yis, dear
Pat, I belave anything, after having seen Miss Lucinda Armington lying on a
cot, *tight asleep** *in that cozy cell.

JL