Freshman Senator without any mental

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Sun Jan 6 00:25:40 UTC 2013

In taking the oath of office today, freshman Senator Elizabeth Warren
of Massachusetts came to "that I take this obligation freely, without
any mental ...", and then was (uncharacteristically) at a loss for
words.  She was prompted by Elena Kagan, who was administering the
oath, and later attributed her mental reservation (my pun) to
nervousness at taking an oath before a Justice of the U. S. Supreme Court.

I suspect this will be the last time during this term of office that
Warren is inarticulate.

Joel